Messenger Rooms is a new way to hang out with your favorite people on video chat and in this article, you will learn the simple steps to access the Messenger Rooms Desktop version with ease. This is one of Facebook’s included features recently that enable users to have a group call in its simplest form.
You can simply create and share a link on the Facebook messenger rooms and anyone can join using the link. People will be able to join from the news feed, events, Facebook events, and even messenger. You can hang out with as many friends or families for as long as you want for free, provided there is a very good network connection. You can decide who can see the room and who can join it on Facebook or Messenger. Also, you can choose to invite more people including those that don’t have Facebook or messenger.
The messenger rooms are even going to make it possible for you to connect with your people even from other applications like Whatsapp, Instagram, and portal devices.
Interesting Messenger Rooms Features
- Messages: You will be able to start a quick search, send and receive messages from the room members
- Stickers, Emojis, and Gifs: You can show your reactions using stickers, emojis, and gifs to express yourself better.
- Groups: You can make plans to get together with as many people as you want and share your location also.
- Voice And Video Calls: You can connect and hang out with friends and family on calls and videos at any place you find yourself.
- Voice Messages: Just like WhatsApp that you can send a voice recording to the other person, you can also send voice records to other people using the Messenger room.
- Make Payments: This feature lets you send and receive money from friends when you add your debit card or Paypal account.
- Locations: With the location feature, you can share your location to meet up.
- Commerce: Do you know you can also chat with businesses? Yes, Messenger room lets you do so as you can connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals, and more.
- Photos & Videos: You can share photos and videos with the messenger camera. Also, add filters and more, which you can share with friends or even to stories.
- Games: You can challenge friends by playing a very daring game with them. You can read this article on Facebook Gameroom to know about interesting games on Facebook.
Messenger Rooms Desktop Version
This version is very good for those that want to access the Messenger rooms from there desktop and you can follow the steps below to get started from your desktop.
- From your desktop browser, go to www.messenger.com/rooms
- Click on “Create A Room” on the page and you will be directed to a new tab where you have to sign in with your Facebook or messenger account details
- Enter your email address or phone number and enter your password
- Click on Continue. If you can’t remember your Facebook or messenger password, you can click on the forgot password link on the page to reset it quickly
- Then click on the “try it” button and next, click on “Create Room as [YourName]” and click on Try it again
- Allow access to your microphone and camera by clicking on allowing at the top left side of the popped out menu
- After that, you can copy the displayed and send it via email, text, or messaging app to others you want to join the group call.
Note: When you join the room, people with the link or invite will be able to see your name and profile picture and that you’re in it. This may include people you’re not friends with on Facebook.
Messenger Rooms Privacy
The following privacy settings apply when you are using Messenger rooms.
- The room creator has the right to remove any unwanted participants.
- Any participant can leave the room anytime they want.
- Messenger rooms can be locked or unlocked once a call begins.
- If you blocked someone on Facebook, then they won’t be able to join a room that you created and you won’t be able to join theirs if they are logged in to their Facebook or messenger account.
- Any participant can report the room name if it violates the messenger community standards.
Note the following when using the messenger rooms;
- The creator of the room must be in the room for people to join
- The room creator is the only person that can lock the room, remove room participants, and even end the room
- The video chat is not end-to-end encrypted
- Others will be able to see your Facebook profile name, profile picture, and that you are in the room when you are logged in to your Facebook or Messenger account.
If you have any questions on this Messenger Rooms Desktop Version, feel free to interact with LegitRoom.com by using the comment box below.