Facebook Pay is a feature introduced by the platform in order for a user to easily make payments on Facebook, Instagram, Messenger Or Whatsapp (All Facebook Products). It is a service offered by Facebook.com and in this article, I will be teaching you how to set it up and start making payments with ease just like the money transfer platforms we all know about.
Currently, it is usable on Facebook, but in the near future, it will be completely rolled out on other Facebook products like Whatsapp and you will be able to set it up right from their platform. So as it is now, you will definitely need a Facebook account before you can make use of this feature as everything you will be doing will be right from your account when you might have signed in.
Creating a Facebook account is easy as A, B, C, D being the bedrock of using the payment service (though when it is fully rolled out on other facebook products, you will no longer depend on Facebook account to use it), you can quickly sign up if you don’t have an account by reading this simple article on Facebook For Beginners Sign Up.
You can be chatting, having fun on the social network and as well be able to send money to friends and family via Facebook if you can adhere to the instructions given here to set the feature up for easy usage.
How Safe Is Facebook Payment Service?
It is safe to use your bank information and card as the social network securely stores and encrypts card and bank account numbers. Your security and protection matters as it has to do with your personal details and money, so the service ensures to take adequate measures like fraud detection, a personalized Pin, and the biometrics you use on your device help to protect you from unauthorized transactions.
With advanced technology to keep information secure, you have nothing to worry about in using the payment service.
The working principles are just very simple, You can just open your favourite App – Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, or Whatsapp, then add your payment information and you are good to go.
How To Set Up Facebook Pay For Money Payments
Follow the steps below carefully to set up the payment service on the Facebook platform. If you are setting it up from the web version on Facebook (www.facebook.com) from your PC, then use the guide here.
- Go to www.facebook.com from your web browser and enter your login details i.e your Facebook email address or phone number and password.
- Then on your dashboard, click on the arrow at the top right side and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, select “payments” at the bottom left of the screen and click on Account Settings.
- Click on “Add Credit or Debit Card” or Connect Paypal. If you click on the Add credit card or debit card link, then enter your card details, select your state and click on Save. If you select Connect Paypal, then follow the onscreen instruction to set up your payment account.
If you want to set the payment service up via Messenger, then you should make sure you have downloaded the messenger on your device and have logged in to your account. Then you can follow the steps below.
- Open your messenger and tap on your profile picture at the top left, then select Settings
- Next, select “Facebook Pay” and add your preferred payment method (credit card, debit card or Paypal) and complete the payment set up
- For added security, you will have the option to create a PIN or use your device biometrics and you can do so when making payment where the payment feature is available.
Note: As at the time of writing this article, this payment feature is only available in the U.S.
How To Send Money On Messenger
You can use the steps below to send money on messenger.
- Open your messenger app and start a conversation with the person you want to send money to.
- Find the dollar icon ($) and tap on it. Enter the amount you want to send and tap on “Pay”
- If you have not added your card yet, you can tap on Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
With this feature, sending money to family and friends has been made very easy, all you have to do is to follow the steps given above carefully and you are good to go.
Meanwhile, if you have any question on this method to set up Facebook Pay, then feel free to use the comment box below to reach us with it and we will be here to answer you.