How To send money through Western Union should really not be a problem for you reason been that WESTERN UNION is one of the best ways you can quickly reach out to your friends and family who are in need financially and I am going to prove that to you in this article, as I will be teaching you more about Western Union money sending platform and the basic guide you need to get started with sending money in a very simple way.
First of all, you and I know that Western Union has been and will remain among the top list of platforms that aid in the transaction (movement) of money around the world. So simple to use, it also lets one sign up on the platform for free.
Now for anyone who wants to send money to loved ones through Western Union, you can do so only if you’ve first signed up on the platform and logged in to your account. Without it, then you won’t be able to send money successfully because Western Union is a legit platform and to get started on it, you have to follow protocols and due process.
Western Union from what I know guarantees a safe haven where you can conveniently send money 24/7 provided you have signed up on the platform.
Western Union Official Website
If it is not www.westernunion.com, then be careful as Western Union will never mislead anyone with any other kind of platform especially for registration.
It is with this official website that you can create and sign in to your account, access Western Union information, send money to family & friends, and more.
How Much Does Signing Up Or Registering On Western Union Cost?
It cost absolutely nothing to sign up with your information on Western Union. As a matter of fact, the registration steps are easy as A, B, C, D.
Western Union Money Transfer Options
Generally adopted by so many individuals, companies, NGOs, and more, Western Union provide options to send money abroad which are convenient for you as the user. That being said, the options are:
- Via Online
- Through WU Mobile App
Read on as we will carefully explain the options to you.
Western Union Sign Up Guide (www.wessternunion.com Registration)
In order to send money on Western Union Platform, you have to first sign up using the steps given below:
- Go to the official website at www.westernunion.com and click on “Sign Up” at the top right side of the page. You will be directed to the page where you will create your profile.
- On the page, enter your first name, last name, middle name (optional), and enter your date of birth in the respected field.
- Then enter your valid email address and create your password. Enter your state’s street address, city, select your state, and enter your zip code.
- Select your country code and provide your mobile phone number. Then click on “Complete“
Western Union Login For Money Transfer
Before you can think of managing your account like sending money and every other thing you want to do on the platform, you must first log in to your account and to make it easier for you, we have outlined the basic steps on how to go about it below.
- Go to www.westernunion.com from your browser and click on “log in” at the top right side of the page or click on “login/sign up” on the screen.
- Under login, Enter the email address associated with your account or your username
- Enter your password and click Continue
How To Reset Western Union Forgotten Password
You have come too far to just ignore your account simply because you forgot your password. The good news is that you can quickly reset your password as long as you still want to make use of that account. See the steps below.
- On the login page after you have visited the official website and have clicked on Login at the top right side
- Click on “forgot password?” and on the next page, enter the email address associated with your account
- Click on “Send Email” and Western Union Platform will send you a link to reset your password.
How To Send Money Through Western Union
When we gave you the various transfer options above, we listed the three options at which you can send money with ease.
- Go to the official page of Westernunion at www.westernunion.com and click on “log in” at the top right side of the page.
- Enter your registered email address or username and enter your password
- Click “Continue” and you will be signed in to your Western Union account dashboard.
- Then click on Send Money at the top of the page and read the Western Union fraud warning shown on the screen, then click Accept
- Under “Send Money Online”, enter your receiver’s country and the amount you want to send.
- Select how your receiver wants the money (Cash Pick up or Bank Account) and select how you will like to pay (credit card, debit card, bank account, or wire transfer)
- Click on Continue and enter the required card, bank or transfer details depending on the one you choose to complete your transaction.
- Visit any Western Union Agent Location near you and provide the agent with your full name and a valid government-issued ID.
- Provide the agent with your receiver’s first name and surname, the destination country, and the amount you want to send.
- Choose the payment method: cash direct to bank or mobile wallet based on your receiver’s country.
- Then make your payment either by cash, debit or credit card. You will get a confirmation email with the money transfer control number (MTCN). You can use the MTCN to track your transfer or send it to the receiver to track the money sent to him/her.
Through WU Mobile App
To use the mobile app, you will first have to download the app on your device. Western Union mobile app is available on the Android store and iOS store. With the app, you can quickly login to transfer money without stress, estimate prices, track a transfer, find an agent, and more.
It is free to download the app from your mobile store. But have it in mind that Western Union Money transfer fees will apply if you send money using the mobile app.
THIS MIGHT ALSO INTEREST YOU TOO: Valero Credit Card Bill Payment, Valero Gas Card Log In, Customer Service
So if you want to transfer money through the mobile app, simply visit your mobile store and download the app.
Western Union Fees & Exchange Rates
Western Union exchange rate changes frequently, so the better way to know the current exchange rate is to make use of the price estimator on Western Union.
Check the fee & exchange rate at Western Union Price Estimator.
How To Track Your Transfer On Western Union
As long as you have your money transfer control number (MTCN) you can easily track the money you sent to somebody or as a receiver, you can track the money sent to you. You won’t need to log in before you can track your transfer, as long as you have your MTCN you can quickly do so using the step below.
- From your browser, visit www.westernunion.com and click on “track transfer” at the top of the page.
- If you are the sender, select “I’m the sender”. If you are the receiver, then select “I’m the receiver” and enter the tracking number in the space provided.
- Click on continue to see the progress of your money.
Using Western Union is one of the best things you can do in the sense that it is reliable, you can send money anywhere in the world, and still have peace of mind because you can monitor the progress of your money. What about customer service? It is always available 24/7.
Western Union Customer Care Service
Below are the contact details if you want to reach the money transfer representatives.
- By Phone
For Australia customers only: 1800 173 833.
For customers calling from outside Australia: +61-2-9231-9729 (please note this is not a toll-free number)
- By Mail
Simply send your mail to Western Union Financial Services, Inc.
P.O. Box Q1522, QVB Post Office
Sydney NSW 1230
- Corporate Contact Information
7001 E. Belleview
Denver, CO 80237.
- Media Relations
7001 E. Belleview
Denver, CO 80237.
- By National Relay Service
You can contact Western Union through the National Relay Service TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 1800 173 833 If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment
Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 173 833
Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1800 173 833.
If you have any questions or recommendations on these methods on How to Send Money Through Western Union, feel free to use the comment box below.