To reset your Facebook Account Login Password is something you can do without asking someone to help you. This article will tutor you on every step you need to take to reset your password and get back into your account without having to Create a New Facebook Account simply because you forgot your password.
Facebook has been one platform where people always visits after signing up and keep themselves busy with chats, newsfeed, and more. But in a situation whereby you forgot your login password, you won’t be able to access that account again.
This article will teach you how to reset your account password so that you can keep on enjoying all that is involved in the social media platform. You shouldn’t expect Facebook to keep a record of your password that whenever you forget it that they can send it to you and even if that password was saved on one particular device, what about the days you will be logged out on that device or you probably want to sign in using another device?
So as you can see, you definitely need to retrieve/reset your login password to be able to gain access to your account.
What will I Need To Reset My FB Password?
A very good internet-connected mobile or PC is one right way to start. Then you will need the following.
- The email address registered with the Facebook account you want to reset its password OR
- The phone number associated with your FB.com account.
With any of the aforementioned, you won’t find it difficult to reset your password. Without further waste of time, let me take you through the steps to reset your password with ease.
How To Reset Your FB Password
I will show you how you can reset your password through your desktop or Pc and also, for those that will like to reset using their mobile phone, you are also going to see the method carefully given below.
Reset Your Password On Desktop/PC
- Open the desktop browser and type www.facebook.com
- At the top right side, you will see the login form. Simply click on “forgot account?” link
- Then enter the email address or phone number associated with that account and click on Search
- On the next page, select how you will like to get the code to reset your password (here, you will be given two options: Send code via email and send code via SMS, just select the one that will be convenient for you) and click on continue. In this tutorial, I selected the SMS option
- A code to reset your password will be sent to you, check your phone for a text message with your code and enter the code in the space provided and click “Continue”
- The next step is to create a new password. So enter your new password and click continue.
Reset Your Password On Mobile Phone
- Open your mobile phone browser and go to www.facebook.com
- Then click on the “forgotten password?” link under create new account
- On the next page, enter your phone number or email address associated with your Facebook account and click on Search (you can tap on search by name instead if you don’t want to search using your phone number or email address)
- Select how you will like to receive your reset code and click on “Next”. A code to reset your password will be sent to you, enter it in the space provided and click on continue
- Next, enter a new password and click on Continue and your password will be successfully changed.
Facebook Account Login Password
After you have successfully reset your password using the steps above, you can then login to your account with your new password anytime by using the steps below.
Login Via Desktop/PC Browser
STEP 1: Go to Facebook official page from your browser at www.facebook.com and at the right side of the page, enter your Facebook email address or phone number.
STEP 2: Enter your new Facebook password and then click on “Log in”. You will be signed in to your Facebook account
Login Via Mobile Phone Browser
STEP 1: Open your mobile browser and type in www.facebook.com.
STEP 2: Enter your mobile number or your email address in the space provided and enter your new facebook password
STEP 3: Tap on “login” and you will gain access to your Facebook account.
If you are having a problem with Facebook Account Login Password, feel free to relate it with me through the comment box below and I will be here to respond to you.
Meanwhile, share this article on your social media account so that others finding it difficult to reset their Fb.com password will also learn from it.