There is a new dimension of group video chat and this one was introduced by Facebook and it is called
“Messenger Rooms”. So read this article to know more about Messenger Room Chat and the basic steps to take to create one from your messenger app.
With this feature, you can host video chats of up to 50 people as it is an easy way to hang out with your friends and loved ones via video chat.
You can simply create and share a link on the Facebook messenger room and anyone can join using the link. Creating your Messenger room is easy as A, B, C, D, and once you adhere to the instructions given here, then you are very much good to go.
People will be able to join from the news feed, events, Facebook events, and even messenger. You can hang out with as many friends or families for as long as you want for free, provided there is a very good network connection. You can decide who can see the room and who can join it on Facebook or Messenger. Also, you can choose to invite more people including those that don’t have Facebook or messenger.
Messenger is even going to make it possible for you to connect with your people even from other applications like Whatsapp, Instagram, and portal devices. The wonderful features that the messenger room comes with are really something to write home about.
Messenger Room Features
Check out some of the features below.
- Messages: You will be able to start a quick search, send and receive messages from the room members
- Stickers, Emojis, and Gifs: You can show your reactions using stickers, emojis, and gifs to express yourself better.
- Groups: You can make plans to get together with as many people as you want and share your location also.
- Voice And Video Calls: You can connect and hang out with friends and family on calls and videos at any place you find yourself.
- Voice Messages: Just like WhatsApp that you can send a voice recording to the other person, you can also send voice records to other people using the Messenger room.
- Make Payments: This feature lets you send and receive money from friends when you add your debit card or Paypal account.
- Locations: With the location feature, you can share your location to meet up.
- Commerce: Do you know you can also chat with businesses? Yes, Messenger room lets you do so as you can connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals, and more.
- Photos & Videos: You can share photos and videos with the messenger camera. Also, add filters and more, which you can share with friends or even to stories.
- Games: You can challenge friends by playing a very daring game with them. You can read this article on Facebook Gameroom to know about interesting games on Facebook.
Since you’ve seen the features listed above, I guess you can really say that the Facebook messenger room is very much okay to make use of.
Facebook Messenger Room Download
It is very easy to download the messenger room on your mobile device. As a matter of fact. if you have the messenger app on your device, then you are good to go. But if you don’t, you can visit your store to download it for free.
However, you can update your messenger app if you don’t see the create a room feature in your messenger app.
How To Create FB Messenger Rooms | Messenger Room Chat
Follow the steps below to create your Messenger Rooms and share your link with friends.
- Open the Messenger app from your mobile phone
- Then tap on the People tab at the bottom right of the screen
- On the next page, tap on “Create a room” and select the people you want to join the room
You can share the room link in your news feed, groups, or events. Also, you can share it with friends that are not even on Facebook that you want to take part in the group conversation.
Messenger rooms is simply a video chat room where you can use link sharing to connect to more people. Depending on your room setting, participants won’t need to log in, download, or connect on messenger before they can join the conversation.
Messenger Rooms Privacy
The following privacy settings apply when you are using Messenger rooms.
- The room creator has the right to remove any unwanted participants.
- Any participant can leave the room anytime they want.
- Messenger rooms can be locked or unlocked once a call begins.
- If you blocked someone on Facebook, then they won’t be able to join a room that you created and you won’t be able to join theirs if they are logged in to their Facebook or messenger account.
- Any participant can report the room name if it violates the messenger community standards.
Note the following when using the messenger rooms;
- The creator of the room must be in the room for people to join
- The room creator is the only person that can lock the room, remove room participants, and even end the room
- The video chat is not end-to-end encrypted
- Others will be able to see your Facebook profile name, profile picture, and that you are in the room when you are logged in to your Facebook or Messenger account.
How To Share Your Room Link
This is one way to get others to participate in the group chat, so to share your room link you will have to use the steps below.
- From your room, click on “Copy” (If you are doing it from your Android or iPhone, tap on “Share Link”).
- Then send the link to others using any messaging service.
If you have any questions on this messenger room chat set up, feel free to relate it with LegitRoom.com by using the comment box below. Also, share this article on your social media account so that others can know about it.