It is not difficult when you want to change Facebook profile name in the mobile application of Facebook. Here is an article that will carefully teach you all the basic steps you need to follow to change your profile name on the Facebook mobile app.
Name is very important especially when it comes to identifying something or someone and on how you make yours right on Facebook, friends and families can easily search for you and probably add you on their friend’s list. Most times, people mistakenly create a Facebook account using a wrong name, maybe a misspelt, or confusingly using a nickname as their profile Name.
Well, that can be corrected after you’ve read through the basic guide here. Trust me when I say that changing your profile name from the mobile app is easy as A, B, C, D, all you will possibly need to do is adhering to this article and you are good to go.
In my experience, while using the facebook platform, I realized that Facebook allows you to change your name after every 60days. So if you have used a wrong name initially and you want to change it using the steps here, you should endeavour to make it right this time as it will take a while again (60days) before you can initiate another change.
This article will solve the following questions and more that you might be asking concerning changing your profile name on facebook.
- How to change name in the Facebook app?
- How to change your name on Facebook app?
- How to change your name on Facebook mobile app?
- How do I change my name on Facebook app?
- How to change your name on Facebook on the phone app?
About Facebook Name | FB Name Standard
It is good you know the name standards allowed on Facebook, in order not to make any mistakes while changing your profile name, remember your profile name is visible to everyone i.e visible to friends and even friends of a friend or as the setting maybe.
The community allow names that you use in your everyday life i.e name people know you within your normal day to day life. As a matter of fact, just avoid using symbols, punctuation marks, unusual capitalization, and the likes of them when it comes to your profile name.
There is room to add your maiden name, professional name or even nickname. One other thing I found out about using the name you use in your everyday life is that Facebook has job postings that you can possibly apply for that is if you are looking for a job, and the name on your profile will be used, so in a situation you use a name that doesn’t tally with the one in your certificate, state of origin, etc and you are given that job, what will you do?
How To Change Facebook Profile Name In FB Mobile App
Before you change your profile name via the FB Mobile app, do you have the app? If no, then quickly visit your mobile store and search for “Facebook” to successfully download the app. After that, you can take the simple steps below to change your profile name.
- Open your Facebook Mobile app from your home screen and login with your Email Address or phone number & the password
- On the homepage, tap on the hamburger line (three lines) at the top right
- Navigate down and tap on “Settings”. Then tap on Personal information under “account settings”
- Next, tap on Edit next to your name. You will be taken to the page where you will be able to change your profile name. Enter your name and tap on “Review Change”.
- Choose how you want your name to appear on your profile and then enter your Facebook password in the space provided for it and tap on Save Changes
You can also change or edit your profile name from your Mobile browser if you don’t want to use the mobile app. See the steps below.
How To Change/Edit Profile Name On Facebook Via Mobile Browser
You can do this using your mobile Google chrome browser, Mozilla Firefox browser, Operamini, or as the case may be.
- Open your mobile browser and go to www.m.facebook.com
- Enter your Facebook mobile number or email address in the space provided
- Enter your password and click on “Login”
- On your Facebook dashboard, tap on the hamburger line i.e the three straight line at the top right side of the page
- Then navigate down and tap on Settings. Under Account settings, tap on personal information and then tap on Name
- Enter your name as you will want it and tap on “Review Change”. On the next page, choose how your name will appear on your profile and enter your facebook password in the space provided.
- Then click on Save Changes
With the steps above, your profile name will be changed successfully. Just follow the steps given and you are good to go.
Meanwhile, don’t hesitate to use the comment box below for any question regarding this method to Change Profile Name In FB Mobile App and we will be here to answer you.