Having you been waiting for the 2022 Facebook PhD Fellowship Application portal? Well, the information you need for it have been given here, all you have to do is to read through it to know more about the fellowship, the eligibility criteria, and how you can apply. The Facebook Fellowship Program provide the recipient with lots of benefits and you will also find them here.
The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university. The program is open to students in any year of their Ph.D. study.
Various people of diverse backgrounds and experiences are advised to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
The application is free and you won’t have to pay a dime to apply. All you need to do is to read the instructions given here and you are good to go.
2022 Facebook PhD Fellowship Application Benefits
Below are the benefits you will get from the fellowship program.
- $42,000 grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- A paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit
- Tuition money will be paid directly to the school, the stipend will be sent directly to the fellow unless otherwise specified. Stipends are taxable based on local law.
Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be full-time Ph.D. students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2021)
- Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below)
- Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits
- Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher. If in doubt, please email email@example.com.
Your application must include the following:
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the available fellowships below)
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
Facebook Available Fellowships
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Energy-Efficient Video Compression
- Instagram/Facebook App Well-being and Safety
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Systems for Machine Learning
How To Apply
To apply for the fellowship, you should have it in mind that you will need to do so via your Facebook account. To get information about the fellowship and apply, simply visit this Facebook Fellowship Program Portal
Application Opens on the 3rd of August, 2021 and closes on the 20th of September, 2021.
Share this Fully Funded 2022 Facebook PhD Fellowship Application on your social media account, so that others can know about it.